Advertisement

Merging text files of similar structure (CSV, Tab delimited, etc.)

Merging text files of similar structure (CSV, Tab delimited, etc.) I get a lot of files in a similar format / structure but they typically ALL have a header row. When you merge them together, this will leave a header row for each file you merged. This isn't the end of the world as you can easily dedupe this in Excel but I wanted a way to automate the entire process.

In this video I first show my "old" way using the dos merge copy command. This is still a great trick to know in case you're somewhere and you don't have access to your tools!

Then I demonstrate my AutoHotkey solution which you can find here:

Check out more of my scripts at: Joe Glines

Like what I've done? Buy me my favorite beer for $7.89

AutoHotkey,AHK,JoeGlines,Joe Glines,http://the-automator.com,merge files,Merge CSV files,Merge Tab delimited files,Remove mulitiple headers,Drop out multiple headers,merge but remove multiple headers,DOS copy command,

Post a Comment

0 Comments