Advertisement

The bad things I'm still grateful for | What led me to Minerva

The bad things I'm still grateful for | What led me to Minerva A few very important notes:

1. I said it in the video and I'm writing it here again because it's extremely important: I didn't mention any things that were deeply traumatic, things that I'm NOT grateful for now and I don't think I'll ever be. I was listing negative events and experiences that led me to have the life and the happiness I have at the moment. However, there were definitely events and experiences which were very painful and led nowhere and I'm not referencing to them in this video.

2. I talk about some of the things so lightly because I went through years of healing and now feel relatively detached from them, not because I'm belittling the impact they had on me or the impact they may have on people who are experiencing something similar. I also talk about them so lightly because I was in a cheerful mood and the way I express myself about them would've been different if I were reliving a flashback or I was hurting because of them again.

3. Racism in Russia is very specific to Russia and there's still very little awareness about it in the country. Experiencing it gave me a perspective about the privileges I have and don't have as well as showed how cruel the world can be. I appreciate it now that I'm older but for the most part it was awful and I still get extremely upset about it. I'm not validating racism and people who have racial prejudices; I'd rather grow up without them. I'm also not claiming that what I experienced in Russia is anywhere the same to what people experience in other countries and cultures, because once again, racism in Russia and my experience with it is very specific to Russia.

4. There is NO pressure to feel grateful for the negative things that happen in life. I made this video because I realized that some "failures" and upsetting events turned my path and led me to Minerva as well as made me a stronger person. It gave me some perspective to believe that maybe, *maybe* the pain or discomfort I have in the present will eventually lead to a happier future in a new years. I did NOT feel happy about those events in the moment I was experiencing them. I was sad, hurting, crying and feeling all the emotions. I was NOT grateful. Please please please, don't feel like you have to be grateful for whatever you're going through right now because of this video. Its only intention was to share my experiences.❤️


As some of you have asked me about how to be more grateful, something that I have used and loved is the Five Minute Journal

It has helped me to be more consistent with finding things to be grateful for every day as well as helped me nurture a positive mindset. It's not sponsored obviously and I know the journal can be a little expensive but you can look at the layout on the website and use it in any notebook you have.

Thank you so much for watching guys. I love you and I'll see you in a new video in a few days.

My insta:

Minerva,minerva university,minerva schools,positivity,gratitude,how to be grateful,failure,academics,FLEX,future leaders exchange,dating,ance,racism,racism in Russia,life in Russia,growing up in Russia,Минерва,расизм в России,self confidence,

Post a Comment

0 Comments