Advertisement

Angels in Aspic - Blood That Destroyed the World

Angels in Aspic - Blood That Destroyed the World In the halls of silence I unbutton my lungs
Corroded with rust, they sink in the sludge
And the ragged shadows of those that have fallen
Deep into excess gluttony...



Blood that destroyed the world
Lust that nearly destroyed my world
That tore the heads off our darlings
Oh darling, oh darling,
Dissect my eyes with a shining knife
Covered in mud, smeared in spunk and encrusted with jewels...



Blood that destroyed the world
Lust that nearly destroyed my world
Don’t take them away, away from me
You kept me away from my children
How can you leave me in the dust and honeyed guts
An amethyst magnet between her thighs...



In the purple darkness something living breathes
Strips of mauve flesh hang dripping from trees
I am profoundly lost but I can smell the sea
I brush past wet leaves, I am relaxed among thieves

They take away my watch but replace it with a locket
Containing an Apache, who dances on my sleeve
He dances up my arm, I am totally charmed
As he dances on my head and he whispers ‘Greed’

He hangs me on the trees, he hacks me till I bleed
I am alone from now on but I cannot see
I cannot do simple equations, but I can move my fingers
And they are fringed in- long, gorgeous, flowing mauve tassels...

Angels in Aspic,Drive Me to the Centre of Maximum Pleasure,New Wave,Post-Punk,Post Punk,Goth Rock,Gothic Rock,Goth,Glam,1989,80's,Blood That Destroyed the World,Lyrics,Vinyl,

Post a Comment

0 Comments