Advertisement

NutterBuster's Portland Landing Hunt (Part 3 - Swamp Donkey Down)

NutterBuster's Portland Landing Hunt (Part 3 - Swamp Donkey Down) Seems like the last day is always the best day! Kicked off the morning stalking a nice, fat doe in the rain. Kept bumping around until I was able to put eyes on two bucks chasing a doe in a pine thicket. After a quick break to eat, repack, and clean the doe, I was able to slip into a nearby stand of barely flooded oak woods along the edge of the thicket. Aggressive, mobile hunting definitely paid off, and put me right on a nice 8 point!

Portlanding SOA was a blast. I feel incredibly lucky to have been drawn to hunt some of Alabama's best public land with my dad. We had a great time, made some awesome memories, and are currently truly anxiously waiting on a phone call from the taxidermist!

portland landing,soa,alabama,public land,nutterbuster,LWCG,ambush,lone wolf custom gear. saddle hunting,mobile hunting,

Post a Comment

0 Comments