Advertisement

Kwam ft. JLSXND7RS x Jook - Don't Worry

Kwam ft. JLSXND7RS x Jook - Don't Worry KWAM MC returns in collaboration with JOOK, on a single highlighting individual fragility and collective fortitude. The bass-heavy, stirring production by the Bristol-based Jook (a remix of JLSXND7RS' original track 'Marching') features the well-practiced grime MC extolling the virtues of asking for help when required ("it could just be a flash in the pan/But if it's worse, chat to me fam/Whatever the case, I got your back 'cos I can"). As the ballad progresses, Kwam pointedly refers to the importance of familial ties ("I won't check for them and I won't seek to/Say less about them, you're in the elite group, family/Never gonna go away, how can we?") and reiterates his commitment to maintaining loyal friendships ("I don't care, you can try and give a man grief/I'll always fight for my side like Zangief). This track is part of a forthcoming 4-track EP entitled 'Struggle Music', and serves as a poignant reminder that while most of the time one needn't "fret about me", there'll always be times when a friend or a loved one will say "get around me".

Worry

Post a Comment

0 Comments